Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/ktsorg/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
My Journey
KunTao Silat Forum
April 24, 2017, 01:22:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NewsLetter is in the making.  Please feel free to offer information you feel is important to those studying KTS.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Journey  (Read 1236 times)
Michael O

« on: May 20, 2014, 12:29:31 AM »

My name is Michael Oratokhai and I want to thank BaPak Steve and Sigung Derric for allowing me to speak in this forum.  I wanted to get a conversation going about the occult and the Truth where it stands with religion today. Sigung Derric and I speak frequently on this topic and it seems this is where I'm at with my journey in life.

I started my martial arts training studying Ninjutsu for 3 years. I started to realize there were attributes missing in my skill set so I started training in Small Circle jujitsu. I moved to Atlanta and wanted to continue my journey in martial arts so I started training in Filipino Combat System. The art was great but I was my teacher's only student so he cancelled classes after a year and we parted ways. I met a group of great guys who trained in Counterpoint Tactical System a blend of many different martial arts with Filipino martial arts at its base. By chance one day browsing through youtube videos I stumbled across AKTS. Something was very interesting about the art and the movements and style of BaPak Steve drew me in. I did
my research, browsed websites, watched videos and eventually came across Sigung Derric's phone number.

AKTS was very different for me in the beginning because I didn't have faith in it. The movements were different and I couldn't understand how Sigung Derric could pull things off on me and make it work. The change happened in my training when Sigung Derric said your just going to have faith in me and do what I tell you to do. At that point I started to believe in him and the system and was not just curious anymore. I practiced emulating his movements, energy and picked his brain on what he practiced to get better.

Last year Sigung Derric blessed me in another way by setting me on a different path that opened my mind spiritually. I was raised a Catholic but was forced to go to church and believed in GOD because that is what I was told to do. When I went through high school I no longer believed in anything. In college my friend read a book called "The Nephilim" which lighted a fire in me to want to seek the truth. I started to go to church and read the Bible diligently and gave my life to Christ. I spent a lot of years feeding on the Word and growing in spiritual knowledge so I thought. The strange thing is I always felt there was more but the pastor couldn't answer all my questions. For some reason the occult type stuff always had a pulling on me so I decided to join the freemasons thinking they had the answers to the secrets of the universe. I joined the lodge and they had a lot of information to absorb, books, lectures, interesting conversations that led me down a very dark path I don't think at 22 I was mature enough to handle. In all honesty I ran back to the safe haven of Christianity because I was literally at the time going crazy and didn't know what to believe. When I moved to Atlanta I met a preacher called Creflo Dollar who gave me such insight into the Bible and Christianity it revolutionized my faith. I had what most Christians called blind faith and I believed every word and could rebuttal any argument against the Bible.

One day after training with Sigung Derric he told me my triangle was still upside down and it was a strange and hard concept to accept. He told me I needed to open my eyes and seek the truth. I went home and started researching slot of topics we discussed and the journey became familiar again because I had started it 10 years prior. The difference this time is that I was ready for spiritual warfare because of my AKTS constant training. AKTS is a very broad system and extremely hard to learn and grasp the true essence. There is something spiritual inside of you that moves with constant practice. Is it the best martial art out there and the most effective? I don't know. All I know that if your a seeker of the Truth it will get you started on your journey the right way.

Here is the definition of occult. Secret knowledge that is hidden. The study of the deeper truths. In my experience the problem with religion in society today is that we disregard these deeper truths and we preach blind faith. When you study deeper truths like kabbalah, tarot, alchemy, magic and all things that are supposed to be evil they all start giving you a little more perspective on the Truth.

Why is it that our history in general is rooted in the occult but religion won't accept it? Why is it that from a Christian perspective that so many occult type books were omitted from the Bible and were not counted as the Word of God? How can a man of faith whatever your religion maybe worship the Creator through just blind faith and not use his mind as well.

These are the discussions I would like to have in this section of the forum. Maybe somebody can help me out and give their opinions and someone may get clearer understanding.

In all reality it seems throughout history that man is seeking truth. I'm finding alot of what we would consider occult information has a piece of the truth. Religion in my experience is dividing us and getting us further from the truth and having a real relationship and experience with our Creator.
SigungDerric
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 06:24:02 PM »

This is going to be a really cool thread Michael.  I will wait and see who else chimes in before diving to far in. 

At the end of the day what we seem to have in the world now is a whole lot of cults and cult followers - that do not condone cult followings.  I think the "whole" story and "nothing but the truth" was lost many years ago when organized religion took over.  In the "old" days (talking thousands), the term "Magi" (Magician) - was interchangeable with "Priest."  Hence the 3 "Magi" who were in fact - Priests - but Priests with Power. 

I think a lot of the gap in the mysteries is bridged by the martial arts - for they tell a story of their own and have been able to survive human blundering for thousands of years.  Take American KunTao Silat, for example; at it's heart, it is an Alchemical system: notice the circle with the four core elements - earth, wind, fire, and water. 

A lot of cool stuff!
Art Kidwell
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 07:02:20 PM »

OK, so you've piqued my attention. Having been a devout follower of the Seventh Day Adventists for too long, I was a bit taken aback when Steve asked me what God's Name is. "God" of course was my reply, to which he stated the obvious. . . god is a title, not a name. A seemingly insignificant question caused me to question everything I thought I knew and has made for a bit of a rocky road from there to here, where regardless of what His Name is - He is Everything. I have bought into the YHVH and YahSheua as the Sacred Names, but I don't expect to hear that coming from my friends and am always pleasantly surprised when I hear the Sacred Names spoken aloud. Of course, that's only part of where that "rocky road" has led me, but it was the genesis I think.
SigungDerric
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 08:45:20 PM »

Steve had a website up for a time, that documented his work on The Name research he had done.  Is it still around?
Art Kidwell
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 08:47:29 PM »

www.yahsheua.com
Part of my epiphany.  Grin
SigungDerric
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 08:59:26 PM »

Yep.  There it is Smiley 

A bright shinning Light.  I see old Murray there - R.I.P.

Art Kidwell
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 09:09:00 PM »

Agreed! Steve told me he is a red-neck ex-Marine, so don't pay no nevermind when he takes his glasses off and starts pontificating about politics, but pay attention when he is reading line by line. That man is a jewel and his work will live on!
SigungDerric
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 09:40:03 AM »

When I was studying Kabbalah, I came across the same pronunciations as Steve has there on his site.

The name of - ELOHIM, pronounced with a long E, is according to the Kabbalistic doctrine incorrectly used as a male plural - and they teach that the correct definition according to the second and third syllable would be read as - God's and Goddesses - not God's (male plural).  They do not emphasize whether or not there was a physical presence of the two energies, but that the masculine and feminine agents were both present.  It goes on to teach that ADAM, who was made in HIS image, was neither male nor female -originally-, as he was made in HIS image who was ELOHIM.  The creating of EVE, was LITERALLY taken from ADAM, creating the separation of the two sexes.

The rabbit hole with this type of teaching is long, but there is plenty of evidence that YHVH saved us from much more than we can possible know.  That we were slaves from the beginning there is little doubt - but the semantics of this is scary to contemplate.

ELOHIM is also the VERY first Name appearing in the scriptures.
Michael O

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 10:21:14 PM »

I have also come across some of these same topics in my research and it kinds of goes back to the main topic of these hidden truths that a person is seeking. It makes it very hard to sit in church on a Sunday morning and listen to the revelation that the preacher received during the week.

The question I pose is that are we supposed to seek the Truth for ourselves to develop that personal relationship with our Creator and disregard man made institutions that we call religion? We are being taught a version of the Truth but not the whole truth. It seems the more you seek the Creator with an open mind willing to receive the more revelation you receive. If you look at majority of cultures in the world there is some form of religion setup by man but is this a form of deception?  Even in the Bible there was the great commission but it also says the evil one has his ministers as well in the church. Seems like we are always in a battle between truth and deception, good versus evil.
SigungDerric
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 08:01:54 AM »

Some serious and thought provoking questions.

I think once you get to a certain point, there is no church building or congregation that can satisfy the desire to know your Creator.  In the old days it may have been different, but much has changed since "the great commission."  The enemy is subtle, and has been diligent in his work to turn everything upside down for hundreds of years - as it was said he would.  The apostasy isn't something in the future - the future is now.

That may explain the conundrum you speak of - the sense that something is "off." 

Michael O

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 09:54:52 PM »

I came across a pastor the other day who totally changed by perception of people being misguided in religion. I decided to feel him out and asked him general questions in the difference between the personality of YHVH in the old testament and new testament. I told him I didn't want to hear the traditional Christian answer which made him give me a puzzling look.

Something told me to share with him my research and I explained some theories I had been reading about the nephilim and maybe how YHVH was still trying to destroy them in the land of Caanan. Well little did I know that this brought a huge smile to his face and he shared with me that he was a philosophy teacher as well and taught classes on many world religions. He shared some interesting knowledge that you wouldn't' expect a pastor from the church to say.

What really hit me is that he said the Creator desires us to seek him diligently with our spirit, mind and body. He said what religion or the church is missing is people to challenge the traditions that are being taught and to openly discuss these secret truths that are out there. He also shared that Yeshua challenged the Jewish traditionalists of his time with what they perceived as a new doctrine.

Maybe it's time for the thinkers to tactfully challenge people in the church to wake up.
SigungDerric
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 06:01:12 PM »

I think you are right.

The Messiah was THE renegade of His time - and Then Some.  He dolled out Real Power constantly, and his followers had it as well.  

It is interesting that there are stories of people out there, who can testify as to having had the same experience as the Messiah: 1.  a baptism by Holy Spirit  2.  supernatural temptations by Satan  3.  Angels ministering to them from outside this dimension.  Real powerful stuff!  I think FOLLOW ME actually means you must go where He went - not so for the sake of equality, but to show how weak and pitiful we really are and to highlight His own perfection against our true frailty; that what he was able to withstand in this dimension *that belongs hearth and home to the evil one* would have obliterated our very soul if it were not for the intervention.  That is some serious love!  To quote Master Eddings - "You can not go around the fire, you have to pass through it!." 

I am going to have to dig around and find some of those testimony's on you-tube.  They are quite moving and really can get you thinking! 

Red Pill.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 06:20:04 PM by SigungDerric » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: