Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/ktsorg/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Question about distance program
KunTao Silat Forum
May 27, 2018, 11:05:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NewsLetter is in the making.  Please feel free to offer information you feel is important to those studying KTS.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about distance program  (Read 2655 times)
Swordsman
Level 5

« on: June 26, 2011, 05:38:19 PM »

I'm very interested in your distance program, but have a question. I'm in my early 40's with very bad arthritis in my knees and my orthapedic surgeon has already told me that I'll have to have both replaced at some point in the future. Squating all the way down into some of the the really low stances and movements I've seen may very well be impossible for me. Is proficiency in the American KunTao Silat program achievable for someone like me? Can it be tailored to someone with some moderate mobility issues?

Thank you,
Clarence
Art Kidwell
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 04:56:12 AM »

Smiley  Welcome Clarence,

You're not alone!  There are many folks with similar issues, so we are in the process of developing a program that maintains the combat efficiency of KunTao Silat without the use of low stances. 

At present, the two programs; Malabar and American KunTao Silat share the first four levels, so you could get started now and by the time you get ready for Level Five it will be ready for you.

Because of the vast bank of martial lore American KunTao Silat draws from, it really is "everyman's" martial art.  Most folks come to AKTS after decades in other arts, so each individual's martial lifestyle will be uniquely their own.

Peace,
Art
Swordsman
Level 5

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 07:35:23 AM »

Thank you for the quick reply! There may very well be a new DLP student by this weekend.  Smiley
Art Kidwell
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 10:20:15 PM »

That's great Clarence!   Smiley

I'll remember to include the two new DVDs for the expanding program with the regular DLP set of six.  Eventually, there will be one or two more DVDs for the American version, but I'll include the I Shing Po form and the Battle Djurus now. 

If there is anyone else having trouble with the low stances, I'll send those DVDs with your next order and keep you updated as to the requirements for advancement as they pass review by Steve and the Gurus.

We appreciate your input and feedback.

Peace,
Art
Swordsman
Level 5

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 10:26:44 AM »

Thank you. Barring any unforseen circumstances, I'll be ordering them Friday morning.
Swordsman
Level 5

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 10:03:12 AM »

It took me a while, but I finally ordered the program this morning. I'm looking forward to lesrning American Kuntao Silat!
Art Kidwell
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 05:22:26 PM »

Made the morning mail! Meanwhile, you can now see the Teacher's Board where there are several videos you might be interested in. You also got the link for on-line videos, so it looks like you're set to grow.
Rob Cable
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 05:31:17 AM »

Hi just purchased the DLP - any one from the UK?
Art Kidwell
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 05:20:30 PM »

Yeah, Nelson and Rook are both from the UK.
Hope you guys can get together!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: